Just in the time frame since I created this blog, I’ve had a lot of anonymous messages from people telling me that Sonny’s music has inspired them to keep going. Whether it’s because they’ve seen the difficulties Sonny has faced in the past, and how well he’s overcome them or just because his music inspires something deep within them to strive to carry on.
I can honestly say I’ve been in the same position. I don’t really talk about my early teenage years much, because they were quite simply the darkest and most horrible years of my life. There were a lot of times that I’d hit rock bottom, I was so close to giving up because I didn’t think things could get any worse. I thought death would be easier. And again, I can honestly say that Sonny’s music was a huge inspiration to me, a huge factor in me over coming that part of my life and moving on. His work had spoken to me on such a level that it encouraged me to keep living, and I am so glad it did. I love my life today, and honestly I wouldn’t change my past because it made me the person I’ve become.
I wish I could thank Sonny for everything he’s done for me, what he’s done for everyone. He’s such an amazing person, and I just hope he knows it. He gives hope to the hopeless and brings faith to the faithless.
anon: Hiya, I’ve been struggling with depression all my life and have been feeling suicidal recently, but every time I listen to Skrillex’s music, doodle him, or come on your blog and read little tidbits about him, I feel like there’s good in the world and I can carry on for a little longer. So thanks for having this up, Sonny seems like such an amazing guy and so do you. :)
anon: This Isn’t a question but, I while ago, while doing some Skrilly Googling, I randomly came upon your blog. I have to say I LOVED IT. Then Me being dumb didn’t follow it or anything so I lost it. =[ But today I found it, and i have to admit it made me the happiest Iv’e been in a long time. =} (I Suffer with depression.) I love your blog, and keep on Skrillin. =D
anon: Sonny is such a huge inspiration in my life. There’s been so many times I’ve been so close to ending my life, and his music has brought me back from the edge. I love him and I love you. Thank you for this beautiful blog.
anon: one of the little selfish reasons i have to keep from giving up (i have depression-anxiety, am thousands of dollars in debt from college, and on the brink of homelessness) is that i want to see him again. i went to a skrillex concert last october, and it was amazing. i felt happier than i’d ever been in a long time for weeks afterwards. i just want to be his friend. i can’t do that dead.
anon: Sonny saved my life. Not in the sense that I wanted to kill myself and his music stopped me. No. I overdosed on Ecstasy when I went to go see him and didn’t even make it to the show. I was DOWN THE STREET dying in the middle of the sidewalk and the only reason I got up and got help instead of just remaining there convulsing was him. Knowing he was so close to me made me get up and walk down to the venue and ask for help. I would have died that night with his tickets in my hand.
anon: I have a form of bi-polar disorder so sometimes I get what I call mood attacks. I’ll get really angry/sad/manic happy & I can’t control it. When I first discovered Skrillex I had a lot of anger attacks. But every time I listened to his voice or music I felt the anger ebb away. I listened to Gypsyhook a few hundred times then probs. I never felt suicidal (pain phobiac over here) but I’ve been close to running away & it was like Sonny kept me from that. I owe him my life and everything in it.
If you have a story about how much Sonny has influenced you, feel free to share! We’ll make a master post about how Sonny’s a fokin’ modern-day superhero.
- skrillennium reblogged this from zeddsgirlfriend
- skrillennium likes this
- glofx likes this
- zeddsgirlfriend reblogged this from skrillyyy
- skrillyyy reblogged this from littleskrillextings
- skrillyyy likes this
- flamingflamingoqueen likes this
- askcateyes likes this
- shaboo1999 likes this
- shaboo1999 reblogged this from that-skrillexchick
- rubenrubius likes this
- skrillexaddict15 likes this
- cristal-cake likes this
- loverubigonzalez likes this
- carcinogalibur reblogged this from crazy-skrillex-fangirl
- carcinogalibur likes this
- ravinginhell reblogged this from that-skrillexchick
- ravinginhell likes this
- thomas-kun likes this
- spaceshadows likes this
- garden-hoe21 reblogged this from watchingmylifeflyby and added:
- a-djvamp likes this
- 5krillcraft likes this
- soyununicornio115 likes this
- there-might-be-coffeee reblogged this from that-skrillexchick
- c-smiile likes this
- watchingmylifeflyby reblogged this from that-skrillexchick and added:
- xslappythedummy reblogged this from crazy-skrillex-fangirl
- xslappythedummy likes this
- memyselfdubbin reblogged this from that-skrillexchick
- random-mau5-fan likes this
- danmonti likes this
- axiluxius reblogged this from that-skrillexchick
- wikusxd likes this
- that-skrillexchick reblogged this from crazy-skrillex-fangirl
- minnyminns likes this
- spencers-butt likes this
- crazy-skrillex-fangirl reblogged this from littleskrillextings
- amalialol likes this
- esme2515x likes this
- waaanderlustttt reblogged this from littleskrillextings
- 4-leaf reblogged this from littleskrillextings
- trainrave reblogged this from littleskrillextings
- c-o-m-p-t-o-n reblogged this from littleskrillextings and added:
- melicursi likes this
- kpsworld420 reblogged this from sonnymooreissexy
- stop-justlisten reblogged this from youshowallthelittlelights
- xesrastarship reblogged this from littleskrillextings
- bassheadbitch likes this